Preparing your Car for a Summer Road Trip
June is just around the corner and that means summer! Do you taking any summer vacations this year? What about just a weekend road trip? We hope so! You deserve a break – if only just for a few days!
If you are planning to take off in your car somewhere, we have some tips to help you prepare your car. We want to make sure you don’t run into any bumps or hiccups along the road during your summer travels!
- Get a tune up. Schedule an appointment with our great service department here at Wantagh Mazda . James, Gary and their staff will make sure your car is ready to hit the road. We can change your oil and check your battery, tire, fluids, brakes, and anything else you might need. We’re even offering a special on all these things too – check it out HERE!
- Pack lightly. Clean out your car and remove any unnecessary items. Check the load limit on your car so you don’t overload it. Note: this limit does include passengers. Besides heeding this limit for safety, any extra weight will only decrease your fuel efficiency.
- Bring a GPS. Most people have smartphones now that have a GPS program incorporated into the phone. If you have a standalone unit, consider bringing that along, too.
- Be prepared. Pack an emergency kit in your trunk. This includes basic first aid supplies along with at least a flashlight, blanket, water, and snacks, etc
- Drive safely. Don’t drive when you’re feeling sleepy. Take a break or switch with another driver.
- Have fun. You’re on vacation, enjoy it!
So we want to know! Where are the roads taking you this summer?