5 Summer Essentials to Keep in Your Car
Now that summer is in full swing, your summer schedule is probably fairly routine, and may include frequent occurrences of the phrase, “I’m bored.” If you want to break out of your mundane schedule and add some spontaneous adventures to your summer, here are five essentials to keep in your car to make sure those adventures aren’t cut short.
- Sun protection. You don’t have to end a fun day at the park just because the sun came out. Keep a supply of sunscreen along with hats and sunglasses in the car to keep everyone’s skin protected.
- Snacks. Sometimes it seems as if kids can eat their weight in food in a single day. Make sure you have some heat-proof snacks in your car so you don’t have to spend a fortune at the drive-through. Snacks like graham crackers, nuts, and granola bars (without chocolate) are great choices.
- Water. Bring along a reusable water bottle for everyone in the family. You can also keep some cardboard juice boxes for emergencies when you can’t find a water fountain to refill your bottles.
- Insect repellant. If you want to take an impromptu hike through the woods, you’re going to need some insect repellant. This will also come in handy when you’re sitting in the grass and watching fireworks.
- First aid kit. Scraped knees and splinters are pretty much guaranteed to happen in the summer. Take care of these small injuries right away with your in-car first-aid kit.
Here at Wantagh Mazda, we want to know…. What summer essentials do you keep in your car?