Winter is the perfect time to get some travelling done, especially in the area. With kids off school and vacation time to use up before the end of the year, take a drive to one of the many winter weekend getaways in the New York vicinity. Check out this list of New York winter getaways.
According to Travel and Leisure, one of the top places to visit is the Hudson River Valley. You can get a room in the historic Bear Mountain Inn, located just an hour north of the city. Nearby is Hyde Park, home to FDR’s home, Bear Mountain, and a range of museums on the Revolutionary War blockade.
Stop by Montauk if you’re looking for some scenic views. There is an 11-acre resort in the northwest corner of Long Island, as well as the extensive State Park. Montauk also has a lighthouse with stunning views of the bay, ocean, and a range of wildlife. Bird watchers will love it.
Finally, drive to Boston. If you have never been to Beantown, you must visit the Lenox Hotel, the Isabela Stewart Gardner Museum, and more. Get food at Mike’s Pastry or Maria’s Pastry in the North End. You can get famous seafood at Neptune Oyster, and the Freedom Trail is known for its history and walking tours. Though obviously not in New York, Boston is the perfect getaway for the winter.
The new Mazda CX-5 is premiering at the LA Auto Show in late November, showcasing the latest in the brand’s engineering. This sleek and sporty crossover SUV is ideal for any driver, with a rugged exterior, roomy interior, and the latest technologies. Plus, the new Mazda CX-5 design has some truly stunning improvements for the latest model year.
According to Mazda, the new CX-5 will have a range of new features. This includes an impressive 2.0-liter or 2.5-liter engine with a geared automatic transmission. The CX-5 also builds on the existing Mazda platform, using the ever-popular KODO—Soul of Motion design. Drivers just can’t get enough of the new CX-5.
“Compact crossovers are the most important vehicles in most automakers portfolios these days,” said John Goreham at Torque News. “Aside from trucks, compact crossovers are the largest segment now, ahead of both compact and midsize cars in sales. Mazda’s CX-5 outsells the Miata by more than ten to one and is ahead of Mazda’s second-leading seller, the Mazda3, by a full of month of sales at this point in the year.”
Other new features include improved fenders, dramatic wheels, and a longer hood. A three-row seating setup is ideal for large families, while a tall ride height is perfect for those looking to go off road. We can’t wait to see the new CX-5 in action.
The winter months are finally approaching, and you know what that means: snow, and lots of it. Luckily, there is one easy way that you can prepare for wintery roads, regardless of what sort of vehicle you drive.
With winter tires, your chances of driving through the snow without a slip or a loss of traction are much, much higher, especially compared to standard, all-season tires, with which most vehicles tend to operate.
Winter tires are designed specifically for snow and ice, though they also perform beautifully on dry roads. Compare this design to that of all-season tires, which aim to tackle each season as best as possible, sacrificing winter integrity.
Not only are winter tires better for driving in the snow and ice, but also, they are created with a different type of tread rubber that stays flexible at lower temperatures. Regular tires tend to freeze up and even deflate when the temperatures get cool.
If you drive on all-season tires this winter, you certainly won’t be doomed, but why risk it? If you are in a snowy area or have a snowy commute, consider switching it up this year with winter tires.
For more information on why you should get winter tires or to check out a winter-ready vehicle, contact us or visit us anytime at Wantagh Mazda.
We have been waiting on the release of the 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Launch Edition for months, and now, Mazda has finally revealed many of its details, including its price.
The MX-5 Miata RF is a lot like the standard Miata roadster, except its fastback top can retract surprisingly quickly, compared to the regular Miata’s manual cloth softtop. Want to put the top down while you are driving? No problem!
The model is also surprisingly affordable, with a starting price of just $34,785. Plus, for a $500 refundable deposit, Mazda is accepting pre-orders right now. You will have to act fast, as Mazda is only securing 1,000 pre-ordered models.
Plans for the vehicle’s actual delivery are slated for February 2017, so drivers can start off their spring season in style with their brand new MX-5 Miata RF Launch Edition. How better to enjoy the warm weather than with the retractable fastback?
If you want to learn more about the upcoming Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Launch Edition, or if you want to check out a few of the many available Mazda models we have available in the meantime, contact us or visit us anytime at Wantagh Mazda.
Taking care of a new car is an easy task to accomplishment thanks to modern engineering. Most cars don’t need routine maintenance for thousands of miles. There’s still work to be done to ensure your car runs in tip-top shape in the later years though! Here are a few new car care tips to help you in the long run from us here at Wantagh Mazda!
- Read – Learning about your car is one of the best things you can do. Knowledge is power, after all. Start by flipping through your owner’s manual and read up on the important points, especially things you may end up doing yourself in the future. Make sure to mark the service schedule as well!
- Drive – It’s important to break an engine in the right way. Avoid flooring it and idling for long periods of time. Drive normally and your engine will run like a dream for years to come..
- Insure – If you chose to forego gap insurance, it might be time to reconsider. The last thing any driver wants is to get into an accident early into their car’s lifespan. If the car is totaled and you don’t have sufficient insurance, you’re stuck paying for a car you no longer own. That’s a situation no driver wants to be in.
For more new car care tips, contact one of our service specialists at Wantagh Mazda in Wantagh, NY
The 2017 Mazda6 design is better than ever. Thanks to some innovative advancements, this model is getting a sharp new look and some exclusive features. Building on the upscale interior which features the KODO Soul of Motion design, the style of this vehicle is both athletic and sophisticated. You won’t be able to takes your eyes off this new model.
According to Mazda, the Mazda6 has been thoroughly updated inside and out. Some design features include 19-inch alloy wheels, leatherette seating, and dual-zone climate control. There are also some rear vents to regulate airflow, and innovative rain-sensing wipers to ensure visibility. Full LED lighting also adds a touch of class, and the Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) will ensure you can always see.
For those looking for added sophistication and refinement, there is the Mazda6 Grand Touring. This trim level comes with navigation to help keep you up to date, as well as leather-trimmed and perforated seating. On top of that, LED fog lights and a signature grille set you apart. You also get a rear lip spoiler and dark alloy wheels.
This award-winning model is getting some sleek upgrades, though this model already looks incredible. Frequently rated as the most striking vehicle on the market, the new Mazda6 is setting itself apart once again.
Taking a family vacation across the country is a great way to spend the summer but it isn’t the only way. Spending some time at home can be beneficial to the soul, and you don’t need much to enjoy yourself. We here at Wantagh Mazda have some of the best summer activities to help you make the most of the warm weather!
- County Fair – Summer is chock full of festivals and fairs, and it’s likely your county holds one of their own. Eat some fair food, check out the attractions, and enjoy the entertainment. A county fair is a great way to spend a few of those lazy summer days.
- Grilling – An iconic part of summer, grilling is a way for families to bond and make fantastic food. Take the time to try a new recipe this summer. It could become your next family tradition!
- Hammock – Napping on a hammock is the perfect way to pass the time. Beat the summer heat by setting up between trees or on the porch, lay back, and relax. For an added effect, hang string lights along the tree branches or on your porch if you plan to stay out after the sun goes down.
Now that summer is in full swing, your summer schedule is probably fairly routine, and may include frequent occurrences of the phrase, “I’m bored.” If you want to break out of your mundane schedule and add some spontaneous adventures to your summer, here are five essentials to keep in your car to make sure those adventures aren’t cut short.
- Sun protection. You don’t have to end a fun day at the park just because the sun came out. Keep a supply of sunscreen along with hats and sunglasses in the car to keep everyone’s skin protected.
- Snacks. Sometimes it seems as if kids can eat their weight in food in a single day. Make sure you have some heat-proof snacks in your car so you don’t have to spend a fortune at the drive-through. Snacks like graham crackers, nuts, and granola bars (without chocolate) are great choices.
- Water. Bring along a reusable water bottle for everyone in the family. You can also keep some cardboard juice boxes for emergencies when you can’t find a water fountain to refill your bottles.
- Insect repellant. If you want to take an impromptu hike through the woods, you’re going to need some insect repellant. This will also come in handy when you’re sitting in the grass and watching fireworks.
- First aid kit. Scraped knees and splinters are pretty much guaranteed to happen in the summer. Take care of these small injuries right away with your in-car first-aid kit.
Here at Wantagh Mazda, we want to know…. What summer essentials do you keep in your car?
Long Island in New York is famous for a lot of things — water sports, beautiful ocean views, and the hustle and bustle of the city are just a few. While the thought of regional traffic might typically deter you from taking a leisurely drive around Long Island roads, there are a few scenic drives in the area that give passengers a glimpse of the beauty of the island — getting away from it all, even just for a few moments.
One of the most famed areas in Long Island, New York is the Gold Coast. As the inspiration for F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Great Gatsby, the Gold Coast is lined with beautiful mansions that call back the festive and glamorous era of the 1920s. Between the castle-like architecture, colonial-style harbor towns, and seafront views, you’ll have the drive of a lifetime.
Another recommended route is 25A, which stretches for 55 miles along the North Shore. It’s sure to wow you with beachside villages, sandy landscapes, and the natural, tree-lined views reminiscent of a countryside road. Also, to the eastern side of Long Island is the Great Peconic Bay, which splits the quieter North Fork and the more energetic, youthful Hamptons in half. With local shops, small villages, and beaches on all sides, you’re sure to stumble across Long Islands roads that suit you.
When designing the all-new CX-9, Mazda had one goal in mind — to deliver a more upscale, quality product without bumping up the price of the affordable, family-friendly crossover. The CX-9 proves its worth as a top family car by accomplishing these goals, creating a vehicle loaded with premium comforts and amenities at an economy car price, perfect for a family on a budget.
For large families, getting into a three-row SUV is always a hassle, what with the need to shift around seats and climb over other passengers. However, the new Mazda CX-9 features the convenience of second-row tilting and sliding seats, making third-row access easier than ever. Rear USB charging ports will also satisfy any teenager with a finicky phone battery. The CX-9 also offers a third-row anchor tether for car seats, and rear sun shades on the windows.
Additionally, the new CX-9 offers standard Three-Zone automatic climate control, meaning passengers can control their own temperature without disturbing other people in the car. No more kids fighting over whether they’re too hot or too cold!
After the previous generation of the CX-9 ran for over 10 years, Mazda knew redesigning the crossover for a competitive segment would give it the boost it needed to succeeded. With all the features needed to make it a top family car, the Mazda CX-9 was made to be an affordable option for large families.