Do you love Long Island, but sometimes hate driving in the area? At Wantagh Mazda, we are right there with you. Here are a few ways you can de-stress and make the most of your time spent behind the wheel on beautiful Long Island.
- Avoid driving west in the morning. West takes you toward the city, which just so happens to be where everyone with four wheels is heading at that time of day.
- Avoid driving east in the afternoon and early evening. By this time the commuters are on their way home from the city, and they’re in a rush to relax and watch a few episodes of something online. Stay out of their way and put off your east-bound night drive until moonrise.
- Pick the parkways. There are both parkways and expressways on Long Island, but only vehicles with passenger plates are allowed on parkways. This means less fumes, less rumbling trucks, and more easy-cruising for you – the perfect drive on Long Island!
- For east and west travel, take: Ocean Parkway, Montauk Highway, Sunrise Highway, NY Route 25 or 25A, and the Southern State Parkway.
- For north and south travel, take: Cross Island Parkway, Meadowbrook State Parkway, Wantagh State Parkway, Bethpage State Parkway, Sunken Meadow Parkway, and Nichols Road.
Next time it’s a beautiful night for a drive on Long Island, don’t hesitate to hop in your vehicle of choice. Enjoy the sea breeze and open road, and, as always, drive safe!