Do you love Long Island, but sometimes hate driving in the area? At Wantagh Mazda, we are right there with you. Here are a few ways you can de-stress and make the most of your time spent behind the wheel on beautiful Long Island.
- Avoid driving west in the morning. West takes you toward the city, which just so happens to be where everyone with four wheels is heading at that time of day.
- Avoid driving east in the afternoon and early evening. By this time the commuters are on their way home from the city, and they’re in a rush to relax and watch a few episodes of something online. Stay out of their way and put off your east-bound night drive until moonrise.
- Pick the parkways. There are both parkways and expressways on Long Island, but only vehicles with passenger plates are allowed on parkways. This means less fumes, less rumbling trucks, and more easy-cruising for you – the perfect drive on Long Island!
- For east and west travel, take: Ocean Parkway, Montauk Highway, Sunrise Highway, NY Route 25 or 25A, and the Southern State Parkway.
- For north and south travel, take: Cross Island Parkway, Meadowbrook State Parkway, Wantagh State Parkway, Bethpage State Parkway, Sunken Meadow Parkway, and Nichols Road.
Next time it’s a beautiful night for a drive on Long Island, don’t hesitate to hop in your vehicle of choice. Enjoy the sea breeze and open road, and, as always, drive safe!
Geneva’s Car Design Night is a gathering of some of the most futuristic concept cars that the automotive industry has to offer. This year was no exception, and the Mazda Vision Coupe concept car stole the show. It was named ‘Concept Car of the Year’ by a panel of judges.
The Mazda Vision Coupe concept made its official debut at the Tokyo Motor Show back in October. It made another appearance at the recent 11th Car Design Night in Geneva and took home ‘Concept Car of the Year.’
“We are delighted once again to have Vision Coupe recognized with a global design award. And it’s truly an honor to have this model, which aims to express the essence of Japanese aesthetics, applauded by some of the world’s top car designers,” said Ikuo Maeda, Mazda’s Managing Executive Officer of Design and Brand Style.
Car Design News, an international car design publication, hosts Car Design Night. The publication puts together an 18-judge panel who vote on their favorite concept cars. Many of the judges work as design directors for major automakers.
The Mazda Vision Coupe winning the ‘Concept Car of the Year’ title follows another major award. The concept car took home ‘Most Beautiful Concept Car of the Year’ at the Paris Motor Show not too long ago.
While many concept cars are just for show and never head to production, that isn’t the case for the Mazda Vision Coupe. Ikuo Maeda confirmed that the Vision Coupe’s design will show up in the lineup beginning in 2019.
We hope to see it arrive at Wantagh Mazda very soon.
At Wantagh Mazda, our top priority is the satisfaction of our customers. That’s why we are overjoyed to announce that Wantagh Mazda has won the 2018 DealerRater Dealer of the Year award for Mazda in New York and the Consumer Satisfaction Award. We know a business is only as strong as the community in which it operates, which is why we would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the entire Long Island community.
DealerRater.com rates car dealerships based on real customer feedback. Because of this, it is a wonderful resource for customers looking to learn about a specific dealership before they shop, and it allows them to offer positive or negative feedback based on their experiences.
According to DealerRater CEO Gary Tucker, “Wantagh Mazda in New York has emerged as the leader among Mazda Dealers across the United States,” thanks to all of the tremendously positive feedback we have received from our customers. This level of enthusiasm from our customers not only lets us know we are achieving our goal of outstanding customer service, it also earned us the 2018 Consumer Satisfaction Award.
At Wantagh Mazda, we put family and community first and strive to create a fun, welcoming experience at our dealership, and we believe it is this down-to-earth sales philosophy that has won us these important awards for the fourth year in a row.
To see why Wantagh Mazda is so beloved, you can plan a trip of your own to our dealership.
Late January will see the return of the annual Winter Long Island Restaurant Week, which features eight full days of amazing deals on dinner at restaurants all around the Long Island area. Explore the many delicious, unique flavors of Long Island the week of January 21 to January 28.
Wantagh residents, there’s a participating restaurant right in your backyard—Thom Thom Steak and Seafood will be offering deals on their high-quality steakhouse cuisine. Or hop over to Huntington, where several more restaurants will be part of Restaurant Week, including Besito Mexican, La Parma II Italian Restaurant, and Honu Kitchen and Cocktails.
Several other cities nearby are home to participating restaurants, like Garden City, where you can try Belgian food at Waterzooi, and Bay Shore, where Captain Bill’s will be serving up fresh seafood. Monsoon Steak and Sushi in Babylon is the perfect place to get a bite of Asian food, and Amityville has Vittorio’s Italian Steakhouse. Merrick is also home to a range of seafood and American food spots!
There’s something for everyone during Winter Long Island Restaurant Week, so if you live on Long Island or you’ll be visiting in January, don’t miss it. The staff at Wantagh Mazda is thrilled to be part of such an active community with so many amazing independent restaurants.
Taking care of a new car is an easy task to accomplishment thanks to modern engineering. Most cars don’t need routine maintenance for thousands of miles. There’s still work to be done to ensure your car runs in tip-top shape in the later years though! Here are a few new car care tips to help you in the long run from us here at Wantagh Mazda!
- Read – Learning about your car is one of the best things you can do. Knowledge is power, after all. Start by flipping through your owner’s manual and read up on the important points, especially things you may end up doing yourself in the future. Make sure to mark the service schedule as well!
- Drive – It’s important to break an engine in the right way. Avoid flooring it and idling for long periods of time. Drive normally and your engine will run like a dream for years to come..
- Insure – If you chose to forego gap insurance, it might be time to reconsider. The last thing any driver wants is to get into an accident early into their car’s lifespan. If the car is totaled and you don’t have sufficient insurance, you’re stuck paying for a car you no longer own. That’s a situation no driver wants to be in.
For more new car care tips, contact one of our service specialists at Wantagh Mazda in Wantagh, NY