Whether you’re just starting a relationship or celebrating a special anniversary, Valentine’s Day is a great time to check out something new in New York City. Not quite sure where to start? How about these most romantic places in New York?
Empire State Building
One of the best, affordable romantic date spots around, the
top of the Empire State Building affords an iconic view of one of the most
breath-taking cities in the world. If you’re going on Valentine’s Day, just
remember to bring a jacket.
Carbone is a classic New York restaurant. With a cozy yet
energetic vibe, it’s also a perfect Valentine’s Day date spot and one of the
most romantic restaurants around.
For something a little different, check out Buvette on
Grove St. This small, French restaurant is a sure to score you a ton of points
with you date, especially if they enjoy the finer things in life.
Short on cash but still intent on a romantic Valentine’s
Day? Simply hit the Brooklyn Promenade for a romantic stroll. With striking
skyline views and plenty to do in the surrounding area, the Brooklyn Promenade
is a great way to spend time with someone special.
Here at Wantagh Mazda, we wish you and your significant other a happy Valentine’s Day.
On December 31st, New York City always hosts one of the biggest celebrations of the year. People from all over the world come to spend the last few hours of the year in Times Square. If you are feeling up to the challenge this year, here are a few tips to help you travel to New York City for New Year’s Eve.
- Leave Early. The countdown may not start until midnight, but people start arriving by late morning. The best spots start filling up by noon and the city recommends arriving before 3pm.
- Head North. Enter Times Square from the north since most of the crowds start filling in on the south end.
- Avoid the Subway. While you might think a subway stop at Times Square is the ideal way to travel, it will be a madhouse, if open at all. Try the B, D, F, or M lines and get off at Rockefeller Center.
- Pack Food. Once you score your spot, you will not want to leave it. Pack your own food; however, drink as little as possible because bathroom breaks are nearly nonexistent.
- Have an Escape Plan. Plan a route to get your out of Times Square and the city beforehand.
Another great tip for drivers to have a vehicle equipped with advanced safety features like Mazda’s Smart City Brake Support—great for navigating through crowded city streets. If you need a new ride before the year ends, comes visit us at Wantagh Mazda.
Photo by Anthony Quintano